It's now a birthday gift for her.
Because I am that on top of this whole quilting thing :)
But you must admit, this was speedy compared to the 3.5 years it took me to finish the first one.
I've learned a lot about quilting since I started my daughter's quilt 4 years ago:
- Tie your outer corners, or the batting will move like crazy
- Cut your tie ends short (if using wool yarn) so it balls up properly (otherwise, they look like ratty fuzzy tails)
- Strip cutting is the only way to go, or your squares end up all funky sized.
- Cut off the selvage from your fabric piece
- Sew with 1/4" seams! (I know, duh, right? but years of sewing 5/8" makes 1/4" seem to tiny to work)
- Don't just lay the batting and back piece on top of the quilt and cut them out using the top piece as a pattern. Measure, measure, measure.
- I still don't love quilting, but I am begining to like how quickly a simple quilt can come together.

1 comment:
Ooo, lovely lovely! Quilting scares me to death, so any quilting is super-duper impressive in my book!
Post a Comment